When it comes to your diet and your overall health, there are plenty of different foods that people suggest and doctors recommend. The basics are usually eating plenty of vegetables and fruits, then there’s also the so-called superfoods that are extra healthy and nutritious. But have you heard of Wheatgrass?
Many doctors recommend drinking Wheatgrass every day so that it becomes a small but permanent part of your diet. The benefits of this are plenty, and we’ve included a list of the 50 top reasons, approved by doctors.
But you might not even know what Wheatgrass is, so we’ll start there, and then go on to the rest. Let’s get started!
What is Wheatgrass?
Wheatgrass is a food that comes from the Triticum Aestivum plant. It is classed as a super-food, and it is regarded by doctors as an extremely potent food with amazing health benefits.
It can be consumed as a juice, which is the most common form in which Wheatgrass is found, or as a powder. However, it can also be obtained fresh, and when it is fresh, Wheatgrass is considered to be a living food!
The best way to consume Wheatgrass, in order to reap the maximum amount of benefits possible, is raw and fresh. But not everybody likes it that way! In its powdered and juice form, it is a bit more mellow, and therefore easier to consume for most people in general.
Wheatgrass has so many health benefits that it is considered to be almost miraculous. And it is used, not only as a food and as juice, but as an ingredient in clinical treatments and many other ways!
50 reasons to drink Wheatgrass:
There are so many reasons to drink Wheatgrass that by the end of this list, you will be wondering why on earth so many people don’t know about it. Seriously, it should practically be made mandatory, it has so many incredible benefits!
But we’ll let you see for yourself. Here are the top 50 reasons why you should drink Wheatgrass regularly. (And yeah, all these reasons are doctor-approved. Specifically, these reasons are all listed by Dr. Brian Clement, from the Hippocrates Health Institute!)
- Wheatgrass contains 17 different amino acids, and it is extremely rich in protein!
- Wheatgrass juice is one of the few and one of the best sources of living chlorophyll, which must come fresh from a living plant.
- Wheatgrass contains all minerals known to man (super impressive), and on top of this, it also contains vitamins A, B complex, C, E, and K. This makes it incredibly healthy and ideal for healing from illness.
- It can help slow down the aging process! This is thanks to the enzyme found in the chlorophyll that Wheatgrass contains. (The enzyme decomposes superoxide radicals in the body, and that’s what helps slow down the aging process.)
- The chlorophyll that Wheatgrass contains is crude, rather than pure, and it can be taken orally or as a colon implant, and it is completely safe as there are no side effects. Therefore, Wheatgrass is completely non-toxic and can be given to both animals and humans.
- It can help stop the growth and development of bad bacteria within your body, thanks to the chlorophyll Wheatgrass contains.
- It can be used as an antibacterial natural healer, both inside and outside of the body, thanks. In fact, the United States Army led an experiment, exposing guinea pigs to lethal doses of radiation. These guinea pigs were then fed foods rich in chlorophyll, and this halved the mortality rate.
- Wheatgrass absorbs 92 of the known 115 minerals from the soil if it is grown in organic soil.
- Wheatgrass juice contains up to 70% of chlorophyll, and as such, it can help your body build blood better.
- It can help refine and renew body tissue.
- It can be used as an ointment to help with various skin diseases, treating symptoms such as itching, burning, eczema, and more.
- It can help wash away drug deposits from the body.
- Chlorophyll packs inserted into the sinuses can clear up congestion for immediate relief, according to Doctors R. Redpath and J. C. Davis.
- It helps neutralize toxins in the body.
- It helps purify the liver, improve overall liver health, and to regenerate liver tissue. It can also provide protection to the liver from alcohol.
- It can help improve blood sugar problems.
- Chlorophyll can be used for its antiseptic benefits, providing many clinical uses such as healing wounds, neutralizing infections, and many more. It is actually highly recommended by Benjamin Gruskin, M.D., in the American Journal of Surgery from 1940.
- Chlorophyll is referred to by Dr. Birscher, as “concentrated sun power”. Essentially, it can help increase the function of the heart, improve the vascular system, and be beneficial to the intestines, uterus, and lungs.
- Wheatgrass juice can help dissolve scars formed in the lungs from breathing in acid gasses. Hemoglobin production is increased, and as such, the effect of carbon monoxide is significantly minimized.
- Wheatgrass is very high in oxygen, and therefore it is highly beneficial for the brain and body tissues.
- It is so nutritionally complete that it is able to sustain the growth and development of laboratory animals and humans. It could essentially keep a herbivorous animal alive almost indefinitely.
- It is far more effective as a detoxification agent than other juices such as carrot juice.
- It is a very fast source of energy, making it ideal for athletes. It can be assimilated by the body within 20 minutes and requires very little energy to absorb the nutrients.
- It naturally shuts off the appestat in the brain, which is the part of your brain that regulates hunger. So basically, it will fill you up and stop your cravings.
- It contains all thirteen essential vitamins and minerals, as well as many other extras.
- It is very efficient at helping your body heal from various different illnesses. You thought orange juice was good to fight off a cold? Try Wheatgrass juice!
- The high magnesium content in chlorophyll can help restore sex hormones, therefore helping improve and restore fertility. In fact, Wheatgrass is often used with sterile cows and bulls, so that they can restore fertility and breed them!
- It can help cure acne and can also minimize scarring over time. (That is if you drink Wheatgrass daily, and you pair this with an overall healthy diet.)
- It can be used as a body deodorant.
- Having Wheatgrass as a part of your regular diet can help prevent tooth decay.
- If you keep Whitegrass juice in your mouth for around 5 minutes, it can help alleviate toothache! This is because it is able to pull poisons out of the gums.
- It can help get rid of a sore throat. For this, gargle Wheatgrass a few times a day.
- It can help reduce skin problems such as eczema or psoriasis.
- Wheatgrass can help slow down the process in which your hair goes gray, so it essentially keeps you looking younger for longer!
- It can get rid of pyorrhea of the mouth. (By simply soaking Wheatgrass juice in the diseased area within your mouth, or chewing Wheatgrass.)
- It helps improve digestion.
- It can be used for skin-care treatments, by being poured over your body and left to soak.
- Wheatgrass implants are used to heal and detoxify colon walls, as well as heal and cleanse internal organs.
- It improves arthritis so that the symptoms aren’t as bad.
- It can be used to alleviate minor eye irritation, by mixing it with some pure water in an eyecup.
- It can be used to eliminate dandruff if you massage around 6 ounces of Wheatgrass into your scalp. (Then rinse it after 15 minutes!)
- It can be used to help with feminine complications, such as reducing vaginal odors.
- It keeps the bowels open and reduces constipation.
- It helps reduce high blood pressure.
- It is completely gluten-free!
- It helps remove heavy metals from the body.
- It is excellent for dealing with blood disorders of any kind.
- It is super easy to grow. In fact, you could grow your own Wheatgrass at home, within a week!
- Wheatgrass can be used in water for many different benefits, such as cleansing food from contaminated sprays, adding softness to hands and face, for a soothing effect in the bath, and many more!
- Taking Wheatgrass regularly increases both strength and endurance, giving you an excellent overall sense of wellbeing.
How to drink Wheatgrass:
If you’ve managed to make it down the entire list of reasons, you might be a bit in awe of how incredible wheatgrass is, and everything it can do and provide health-wise. It’s pretty impressive, isn’t it?
So…you might now be wondering how to drink Wheatgrass so that you can all of these benefits!
As we mentioned earlier, the best way to consume Wheatgrass is fresh and raw. However, most people prefer to have Wheatgrass in its juice form and to drink it. (We highly recommend consuming it in this way!)
A lot of health professionals recommend taking around four shots of Wheatgrass every day. However…if you’re just starting out with Wheatgrass you might want to take it a little slower, so that your body can become accustomed to this new addition to the diet.
So we would recommend you start with half a shot of Wheatgrass every day, and over time you can slowly increase the amount. It depends on how you feel!
The reason why you should take it slow at first is that Wheatgrass can cause an upset stomach if your body isn’t used to a clean diet. So you should start with a very small amount, and then slowly adjust the dosage. Basically, experiment until you find what works best for you.
Most people actually end up settling for between one or two shots of Wheatgrass a day.
When you first try Wheatgrass you should do so on an empty stomach, as this is the best way for your body to fully absorb the benefits. After this, you can drink some apple juice or something similar.
Throughout the rest of the day, you should then drink plenty of water. (And this is something you should do anyway, it’s important to stay hydrated!)
Most people that take Wheatgrass daily recommend taking your shot first thing in the morning. Then allow for some time before you have your breakfast, and make sure to stay hydrated and keep up a healthy diet for the rest of the day.
Wheatgrass is a food that comes from the Triticum Aestivum plant. It is available in a powdered form, a liquid juice form, and a fresh raw form. When it is fresh it is considered to be a living food, and it is the healthiest way to consume it as you will reap most of the benefits. However, most people prefer to consume Wheatgrass as a juice, by taking one shot of it a day.
Wheatgrass is much more than just a super-food, as it has some incredible and almost miraculous health benefits of many different kinds, and paired with a healthy diet and plenty of water, it is an excellent addition to your daily nutrients.
There are plenty of reasons why you should drink Wheatgrass every day, and the 50 we mentioned are all doctor-approved and backed by Health Institutions, so it’s pretty safe to say that adding Wheatgrass to your everyday diet is a great idea to improve your overall health!