Green superfoods and drinks are becoming increasingly popular now, and many people are flocking to take advantage of the health benefits that they have to offer. However, when you think of green juices, celery probably isn’t the first ingredient that you would think of.
Celery juice is great for your health, and it has lots of different benefits to offer. Something that you might not have known is that celery juice offers great results when it comes to gut health, and it even has deep-detoxing properties.
If you are looking for a new method of detoxing, or you want to reap the benefits that celery juice has to offer, then why not take up the celery juice challenge? It offers excellent results that will leave you feeling fresh and revitalized, and all you have to do is drink it every morning. If you want some more information about the celery juice challenge, just keep reading.
What is the Celery Juice Challenge?
The celery juice challenge involves drinking around sixteen ounces of celery juice every morning on an empty stomach. You will need to make sure that it is fresh and plain celery juice, and that it does not contain any other additional ingredients.
It will usually take around one large bunch of celery to create the 16 ounces of juice, and due to the fact that celery juice is medicinal rather than caloric, you will still need to eat breakfast after you have drunk it.
However, you should wait at least fifteen minutes after drinking your celery juice before you go ahead and have your morning meal. For even better health benefits, if you are someone that suffers from a chronic illness or symptom, then you might want to consider drinking double the amount of celery juice each day. You can drink between 24 and 32 ounces of straight celery juice a day.
It is up to you to decide if you want to drink it all at once in the morning on an empty stomach, or split it into two servings at different points in the day. You should always try to use organic celery juice where you can, but if you are using conventional celery, then you should always make sure to wash it before you start juicing it.
You should try to drink celery juice fresh as soon as you have made it, but if you do not have the time to do this in the morning, you can make it up the night before and store it in the refrigerator. If you do this, make sure to drink it within 24 hours of making it. The best way to store the celery juice is in a glass jar with a lid.
If you find that the taste of the juice is too strong, then you can choose to add one cucumber or apple with the celery. This can be really helpful in getting your taste buds used to the flavor.
When you do start to get accustomed to it, you should keep increasing the ratio of the celery, as the greatest benefits can be utilized when only celery is used to make the juice. So, if you want the best results, you should only use straight celery.
The Benefits of Celery Juice
Now that you know exactly how to make celery juice and take part in the celery challenge, you might be wondering about the benefits that it has to offer. Celery juice is really effective as a health drink, and it can have a healing effect on the nervous system, help to clean our blood of health-inhibiting toxins, aid digestion, and calm inflammation.
One of the most important benefits has to do with your gut, as celery can help the gut to rebuild its own stores of hydrochloric acid, which can help to strengthen digestion and overall gut health.
- Better Digestion – Celery juice can actually help you to rebuild the HCL in your gut, which is essential for being able to fully digest food and absorb important nutrients. Research also suggests that celery is able to improve liver health, which can increase your body’s detox capacities.
- Liver Detoxification – The detoxing effect that celery has on the body is able to remove bad bacteria, fungi, mold, viruses and other toxins from the liver.
- Nervous System Support – Celery is great for helping to support the nervous system due to its detoxifying properties. It can also act as a blood purifier.
- Anti-inflammatory – Celery contains luteolin, which is a potent flavonoid, that can act as an antioxidant and help to calm inflammation.
- Thyroid Cleansing – Mineral salts in celery can help to fight and cleanse the body of the Epstein-Barr virus, and it can boost the production of important thyroid hormones in those with hypothyroidism.
- Healthy Heart – Studies have even concluded that celery extract consumption can aid in preventing stroke, lowering blood pressure, and reducing plaque in arteries.